Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

I can now share that challenge from my stamping group, I used it for my hubby's Valentines card.
It is a Twist pop up card. Here is the Link if you would like to give it a try yourself. This was fun and fairly easy to do, the only thing I would say is if your cardstock that you are using for the twist part is fairly thick, make sure that you have it down from the fold of your card, I think I applied mine right to the fold instead of just below and by the time I held it closed then tried to open it to make sure it worked it wasn't able to move it, it still works for me but until I did a little more burnishing it was kind of hard to get the card totally closed but it works now.


It's hard to tell but on the very bottom heart I stamped Be Mine.

Here is the inside.


Hubby loves the great outdoors so I know he will love the pop up images. 
I wrote the message below, after taking pictures :)



Our Daily Bread design- Vintage Ephermas collection paper (front base)
DCWV - Once upon a time paper for hearts
Tim Holtz - Vintage shabby paper inside panels
Art-C - Cardstock (stamped image on the inside)
Spellbinders - Lace Hearts and Classic Hearts dies
Stamps of life - Minis 4 circles (be mine stamp)
Crafter's Companion - Silhouette Grass stamp cut for the panels
Memory Box - bird dies
Fiskars - corner punches


Sending happy wishes to all my blog friends today!!
Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs,
Connie

13 comments:

Darlene said...

oh WOW ... how cool! I'll have to check into this style ... looks awesome! Thanks for the tip ... I will need all the help I can get I'm sure! LOL

Daniela said...

Oh, this style is truly outstanding Dearie ... Happy St.Valentine's Day, sweetest Connie!

XOXO Dany

Donna Phelan said...

That is one fun fold! Perfect for your love to POP on out at him! I like that you stamped on that heart, you can see it perfectly! Have a LOVEly day! xo~

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow!! Absolutely gorgeous Valentine!! Love the way you made it masculine with browns - such a fun design!

Beth Norman said...

Such a nice, and detailed, Valentine card for hubby. Lovely work on the outside and inside.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful,dear friend!Happy Valentine's Day!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such a beautiful card for your dear hubby, good thing you took photos before writing your message to him ;) Big hugs and happy Valentine's Day to you too! xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant card Connie, I rarely do fancy fold cards, really have to be in the mood, love how the pictures inside match up amd could see the Be mine on the heart front of card.. great work.. hubby must’ve been delighted.
Shaz in Oz.x

Janice said...

A super card, love the design.....must give this one a try!

Diane said...

What a lovely card design I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

You really went all out for this and it's beautiful! I love the outdoors, too. Amazing fold for a very special card. Thanks for the link to see "how to"!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh gorgeous, Connie! I just ordered a die to make a similar type card. It will probably take me a while to figure it out. I love the vintage colors you chose.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love the inside! So creative... and what a great way of adding an extra touch to your card!