Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Eyelet frame

Since my son in laws birthday is in August and soon after they were moving I decided to give him his birthday gift a little early.  My cardmaking group was having a challenge to use those eyelets that have been neglected, remember when that was our biggest embellishment back in the day, well I decided to use quite a bit of them by making a frame with them and some thin jute.



Instead of just leaving a knot at the top I decided to hang a dragonfly charm from the top of it also.

I wonder what other old embellishments are in our stash that could use to come out and play once again :)

Penny Black-- Fantasy stamp, ink applied directly to stamp
Making memories -- eyelets
Stamps of Life -- Minis 4 circles sentiment stamp set
American crafts -- jute
Dragonfly charm

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I love that you used eyelets on this, Connie, and in such an inspiring, interesting manner! I had not thought to use them in this way, and would love using up my eyelets! It's a great card, and perfect for a man or woman! hugs, de

Darlene said...

Oh wow ... this is fabulous Connie! What a clever idea ... looks awesome!

Esther Asbury said...

What a great way to use those eyelets! It's fun to pull out old techniques, tools, and embellishments and pair them up with current trends. Great masculine card!

Beth Norman said...

I love the way you used your eyelits. It is done in such a unique manner. The tree stamp is gorgeous and so is the dragonfly. I'm sure it was well loved.

Lowcarb team member said...

A good idea and a very nice card.

My good wishes for the month of August ... where does time go?

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

So rustic, Connie. I love it! I have some eyelets in my stash that I haven't used yet.

Janice said...

Super idea using the eyelets, I also have lots in my craft stash! A great masculine card.

So Sunny Day said...

I'm loving the dragonfly at the top. This is such a neat card! I'm sure he liked it.

~ Emily from So Sunny Day

Birgit said...

Beautiful Connie! My eyelets have been neglected for a very long time too. Other neglected embellishments in my arsenal include Prima flowers (that came in a milk type bottle), brads and ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration to get them back out and give them some love.

Leslie Miller said...

I keep telling myself I have to get my eyelets out and use them, but you actually did it! Love how this looks, and the tree is so pretty in the soft colors. Love the dragonfly charm, too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Connie. Love that tree image and the way you framed it with the jute... cool idea using the eyelets like that. Sweet charm.

Kim said...

Your embellishments certainly have become much more advanced. I love the simplicity of this card. The tree looks very cool.

Donna Phelan said...

I love how you used those eyelets, very creative and cool, makes for a wonderful accent on a masculine card! Clever you!!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie
What a beautiful card with the eyelets. You are so creative and always put the best in your details. Love it and I'm sure your sil did too.
Have a wonderful week. xo