Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Spring Mill Part One

Ok I really tried to cut down on the pictures I wanted to share of our trip we took last week , but had a hard time narrowing it down so I will share some today and some next time I post :)

We were heading to my family's side family reunion on the weekend so we decided to take a couple extra days before hand and check out a State park in Southern Indiana that also had an Inn also.

As soon as we checked in we decided to go straight to some trails, well we decided to go on the toughest one first and I would have known that if I read the little pamplet that gave us.

Here are a couple pictures of the stairs, it felt never ending both ways, by the time I made it back to the top the arthritis in my knees was letting me know it wasn't happy with all of that climbing.  I can't show you what the cave looked like because once we got down to the bottom it was a bit more than I wanted to tackle and I knew I still had to get back up all those stairs.




This whole park is very thick in the woods, it was so funny when we left the park we thought how wide open everything looked, after two days being in such thick woods.


The sun was so pretty coming through the opening in the trees.

They have a Pioneer village in the park and during the day they have volunteers who are inside the buildings telling you about the families that lived and worked there.

This first house a lady worked on a loom, she said that the lady who owned this home raised 12 kids in it, can you imagine!


Here is the Mill, they still use it to make corn meal.


There was a beautiful stream that went through the village!!


I sat down by this stream to wait for my hubby to take his pictures and I saw this little squirrel digging in the grass, I grabbed my camera and went to take a picture and as soon as he saw me he went running.



They only run the sall mill on the weekends and since we were there in the middle of the week we didn't get to see this in action, one of the ladies said it was very impressive.


Isn't they stone garden gates cool, love the design.  I will show a few pics of flowers I took inside next time.


I really thought this planter was neat, my hubby said it looked like a coffin.


This tree was really neat to me too, such cool texture it had.


I really enjoy walking through these villages, and so much easier on the knees than all those stairs.

I am still working on catching up on everyone's blogs while I was away.  It has been so hot here, in the 90's with heat index close to 100,  so taking my walks very early in the morning, looking forward to next week when it should be back in the 80's.

Hope you are enjoying your week so far, thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

20 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very neat pictures. It looks like you had a great trip. I am not so sure about that many stairs! I can imagine how much my kids would be complaining! The planter does look like a coffin shape, but only because you mentioned it! Thanks for sharing!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

I just love being able to go through those historic buildings and hearing about the past. I would agree the walking through the village would be easier than all those steps in the woods.

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up now, Connie. Yikes that planter does look like a coffin. So strange! Love the stone arches. What a lovely vacation!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Connie! Thanks for taking me on your wonderful journey, and revealing it through your artist's heart!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful place,love the flowers too!

Debbie said...

such a pretty place - beautiful images. be careful on those walks, even when it's in the 80's - well for me, that's too hot!!!

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful pics! I laughed at your hubby's comment on the planter - I can see his point though I didn't till you mentioned it! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, what fabulous pictures, my friend! What a fun place to visit and see. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Hugs to you!

Darlene said...

FABULOUS photos Connie! My knees hurt just looking at the photos of those steps let alone walking them ... but the surrounds looked awesome! I can hear the birds in the trees as we speak! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful nature photos ... you & hubby are quite the photographers! Looking forward to seeing more!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Looks like a wonderful place to get away, Connie! Love the little mill town and great capture of the running squirrel :) The stone garden gates are amazing! Those stairs have me breathless just looking at them....Glad you had a nice time. Sending hugs xo Karen

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful photos and village! How charming!

Janice said...

A wonderful selection of photos Connie, such a pretty village :-)

Daniela said...

What a stunning place and what a charm that mill still working 'emanates', I can't believe it !

I'm sure that you cherish every little moment spent ina such an amazing place, won't you Dearie ?

In the hope that you're having the best of weeks,
I'm sending blessings on your coming days,
always thinking of you with so much love !

XOXO Dany

Beth Norman said...

Thanks for sharing these photos with us. I love to see personal photos as it gives a sense of knowing more of who you are from afar. The wooded area looks gorgeous and I loved hearing about the house that raised 12 children. Have a good day!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful photos! Those steps would have done me in!!
Thanks so much stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

April said...

What a beautiful area! I would love to visit! Great pictures.

Diane said...

Fabulous pictures Connie and what a wonderful place to visit with all that history.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful, beautiful place! Those stairs do look neverending. Such a gorgeous landscape. Very green and leafy. Even though we have lots of green here, it's an entirely different landscape. The cottage looks very cozy, but it had to be crazy with 12 kids! I absolutely love seeing these pictures, Connie! Now I'm off to see the rest of them. Thank you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a lovely place to visit, but those stairs wow, it looks a lot!

All the best Jan

Krystal Kats said...

That is a really pretty walk. Love stuff Like that. Looks like you enjoyed your walk. It's benign the 100's here well over a 100 about 108. It's just awful. I feel so depressed it got so hot, it's been days and days. I hope it goes away soon!
How nice to go to a family reunion. We need one of those as well. Glad you got to take a few extra days for something fun. God Bless ~kat