Monday, October 10, 2016

Fall Splendor

I will have to say I think that fall is my very best season of the year, I love the colors of Autumn, picking out pumpkins and yes the raking of the leaves :) 



I started out cutting the background with the Memory Box Debutante frame using water color paper, I added some Tumbled glass and faded jeans distress inks to my craft mat, misted some water on it and then ran my background through it to get that blue background.


After that I took my sponge applicator and added the Mowed lawn distress ink to the bottom for the grass, I liked how it seemed to blend well with the sky.

I cut the Memory Box Orchard Tree frame from Kraft card stock and colored with my markers.


Then I thought I need some falling leaves in my scene, so I took the scrap from last months alcohol ink project and cut my leaves from that, added some to my tree and had the rest falling and on the ground,  this is why we don't throw away our scraps, LOL!


The following are the dies I used in the project, I just love the little squirrel with his nut :)



Here is a closeup of the bottom of the scene.



Follow Dies R Us!


 
Click below for:
Remember, there is a new inspiration sample shared each and every day of the month
on our Dies R Us Inspiration Blog using a variety of dies from several different companies.
Then of course you'll want to come join us at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month with
a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner each challenge!

OH!  And did you know we have a FB Page and PINTEREST Page?

Thanks for stopping by today!

Connie

15 comments:

Janice said...

A stunning Autumn card Connie! I love the country scene you've made, the falling leaves are perfect and the squirrel is so cute. What a great selection of dies you have used.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous card Connie, you did have fun with all those die cuts, didn't you?
A great card..l ove the alcohol ink piece, very nice. Shaz in Oz.x

Unknown said...

Love how you created your beautiful blue sky background! I adore Fall too....you forgot 'good hair days' lol This Fall scene is fantastic, love the frame, the leaves that tree, even the rake and squirrel! Fantastic!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie I just love this little Fall scene! Awesome inspiration for us all ... thanks! Hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

Daniela said...

What a gorgeous Autumn card which, as always, warms my heart, thank you dearest Connie !

Hope your week is off to a good start,
I'm sending blessings on your days to come

Xx Dany

Leslie Miller said...

I think fall is my favorite, too. You've represented it beautifully here, Connie. It looks a lot like my yard, except for the pumpkins. So cute!

Christine said...

What a beautiful card for fall! It perfectly captures the feel and colours and joy of the season!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Lovely Fall scene - and I certainly miss this type of scene, and the crispness of the Autumn air. We only enjoyed it 3 years in Connecticut, but it was a lovely experience. Your colors, mediums, and choices of pretty die cuts, makes for a wonderful masterpiece! Hoping you enjoy a great week! hugs, de

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, this card is beautiful and you captured the feel of an Autumn day perfectly in your details. I love those little pumpkins. The sky turned out so pretty. Fall is a favorite time of year for me too. Cooler temps are on the way! Have a great week. xo

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
So pretty and you captured the essence of Fall and brought back memories for me. As I child I loved to help my Dad rake the leaves and then make a big pile that I got to jump into when we finished!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lowcarb team member said...

I love the colour and detail in this card Connie.
Perfect for this wonderful time of year.

Wishing you a good week

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, your autumn card made me smile! I love the dies and colors you used. Perfection!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Beautiful card Connie! I really like your inky background and the way you colored all of those tiny leaves. Your alcohol inked scrap made perfect fall leaves! Awesome!

Debbie said...

Autumn is my favorite season and pumpkins 🎃 make my heat smile!! This is a beautiful card with lots of wonderful special touches!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

So pretty! It's just like looking out our living room window into our front yard here in MN! Autumn is the most beautiful season on earth!!!