Friday, June 17, 2016

Caterpillar

I needed a card for my 7 year old great nephew and when I saw this technique of using the Hexagons to make a caterpillar I just had to make it for his birthday.  My inspiration for the card came from Crafter's companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 3 Summer page 14.

With mine I wanted it to look like he was in lush grass so I took my embossing folder and after embossing rubbed the ink pad over it to give it some depth and bring out the design a little more, I used a white marker for his eyes that I bought at Target in their $ section and added a little black pen to that.  His antennas are flower stamens that I colored black with marker and taped to the back side of the head. Punched out the grass for a little in front of him also.


Diamond Press -- Hexagon dies came with magazine
Cuttlebug -- Floral screen embossing folder
Fiskars -- Grass punch
Hero Arts -- It's your day sentiment stamp

It has me wondering what other things can be made out of the hexagons, I have seen flowers, can't remember if I have done a card with them though, you maybe seeing one of those soon :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and let me know you did!

Connie

15 comments:

Unknown said...

lol Super Cute! He'll love it! People are so clever!

Debbie said...

oooooh connie, this is great!!! you are so creative in using things i would never think of. your great nephew is going to love it!!!

Alex said...

Cute wish-granting caterpillar! I love it!
Could use the hex's for honeycomb and stick a bee on somewhere...I think bees are s'posed to signify prosperity.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really fun idea, I really like the grassy embossed area in the background too. Clever!

Donna Ellis said...

what a fabulous idea, Connie! xo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, this is just too cute and perfect for a little guy. Such a fun idea. He will love it. Have a nice weekend. xo

Daniela said...

Ah, this one is truly superb, you're a well of ideas and of artistic talent, dearest friend !

Hope you're having a beautiful day I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you

xox Dany

Darlene said...

Oh what a cute & clever idea Connie!

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! Those hexagons make a perfect caterpillar and he has so much personality! Love how you gave him the antennae and put him in the grassy setting. He really looks like he's crawling through a lush lawn. Kind of like our lawn since Rich fertilized and then it's been raining all week and he hasn't been able to mow. It looks like a jungle out there! Super cute card, Connie!

Diane said...

What an adorable way to use Hexagons Connie.

Hugs Diane

Marie-Louise said...

Connie you are clever. This is superb.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow Connie that is brilliant!
Love the way those hexagons work.
Perhaps you could use hexagons with a bee theme and honeycomb?

Have a lovely weekend

All the best Jan

handmade by amalia said...

Cute and creative, Connie, love it.
Amalia
xo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute and very creative Connie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, how absolutely adorable and so creative! Your little great nephew just had to LOVE this one! Sweetness! Hugs, my friend!