Saturday, March 26, 2016

Thinking of you

A friend from church lost his Father last week, his Dad was 93 and having a lot of troubles so it was a blessing for him to be able to go but it still hurts to lose your father no matter how old you are or your parent is. I used another watercolor panel from Taylored Expressions but I used alcohol markers with them instead of watercoloring and they work great that way too.


Taylored Expressions -- Keep in touch watercolor panel
Darcie -- Crackle embossing folder, inked after embossing
Die-namics -- cross-stitch rectangle
eyelets
Jute

I thought I would share more pictures from the Botanical Garden this time they also have birds or fowl in them also :)  See the duck under the bridge









It always amazes me the balance these guys have to stand on one leg and for so long.

We had our Good Friday service last night at church, it is always a touching service for me, has been ever since I was a kid, it is so overwhelming to me the price Jesus paid for us.  Our Pastor mentioned a couple of times that we can not even understand the amount of Love Christ has for us, still gives me goosebumps, and I am in awe of it.  Wishing you all a blessed Easter as we celebrate our Risen Lord and Savior!!


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today.

Connie

11 comments:

Christine said...

A most thoughtful card, beautiful done, Connie!
Love those scenes and shots of the birds in the Gardens, so springY!
Like you, I am in awe of the incomprehensible love of Christ for me!
We will praise Him this Easter!

Anonymous said...

Good Friday always is a day of mixed emotions. Such sadness with an undercurrent of Joy because we know He is risen!

Beautiful card, Connie!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful card for your friend...I am so sorry about the loss of his father, buu my, what a life his father must have lived :)

Happy Easter, sweet Connie! What a joy to serve a LIVING Savior. Love and hugs!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful card and photos!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Karin said...

A beautiful and thoughtful card!
Groetjes Karin

Faye Henry said...

And a blessed Easter to you... We are so blessed.. Love your photos and the card is awesome.. xo

Debbie said...

a beautiful and very thoughtful card, i like the large message!!!

your images from the garden are so pretty. great capture of the wood duck, they are amazing, i don't see them here!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Love the watercolor panel. I think those are a great idea. This one is so pretty and your coloring is great. Copics work well on watercolor paper. Beautiful photos, too, Connie! Amazing coloring on that duck. What a lovely setting!

Alex said...

Beautiful words and pictures! : )

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. Love the panel... you are right... looks great colored with markers instead of watercolors. The crackled background looks great. Nice pictures.

Diane said...

What a lovely card design and your pictures are fabulous.

Hugs Diane