Monday, January 4, 2016

Ahoy Matey

This was for my great nephew who turned 9.

The blue background was from the back of a calendar, it felt almost like linen, very thick paper so I cut it out with the die and then sanded the sides, thought that gave it a neat touch.


My Favorite things -- Pirate Boy, image and sentiments colored w/markers
Spellbinders -- Lg. Deckled Rectangle, A2 matting basics A and Labels trio dies
DCWV -- Brown paper

I thought I would share a picture we took while our daughter and son in law were home.  I liked all our smiles in this one but my hubby doesn't like his hair, this was before I cut it :)



Hope your year is off to a good start.  Things are looking up around here, more roads are opening up again and the water seems to be receding in a lot of places.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today.

Connie




8 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Adorable card Connie!!! Perfect for a young man of 9! You are so clever friend; great color-work too!
And the photo is great!! You all look so happy~ It's nice to see people's families and faces now and then : ) Take care, ~Karen O

Leslie Miller said...

You make the cutest kids' cards! This is great! I love making cards for kids but don't have the need much anymore. What am I going to do with all those stamps? Love your family photo and love that you shared it. Your smiles are all beautiful and genuine.

Debbie said...

it's a wonderful family photo!!! in my house, it's my camera, my blog and my Facebook, so as long as i look good, the image gets shared. your husband is cute and is lucky to have so much hair!!!! love the card, w

very nice card for a young boy, its so cute...i like that you are recycling so many items, calendars are so beautiful and i never throw mine away, but i have yet to do anything with them!!!!





Anonymous said...

Connie, your cards are such an inspiration. I have it in my mind in the morning to work on cards and then before I know it, the day is almost over. I need to prioritize things better.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, I love your card. So adorable. You always get the colors and balance just right. Great family photo. Love the smiles too. Hope you enjoyed a great time when your daughter was home.
Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with blessings. xo

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Such a cute card for your nephew! Happy New Year Connie!

Pam Sparks said...

Super cute pirate creating Connie! I'm sure he loved it! Happy stamping New Year to you and yours!

Daniela said...

What a cute card you've made, and what lovely smiles you close your post with, my blessed Connie, I always enjoy so much my visits here !
Have a wonderful day
Dany