Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall

Well the calendar says it is Autumn but the temperature is still in the 80's and to me that isn't fall but I am also originally from Michigan.  If I could have a wish it would be that we could have a cabin in Michigan and live there in the spring summer and fall and the move back down here for the winter months :)

Today I am sharing another Die cut from my Silhouette Cameo.  When I first glued it onto the background paper I liked it, the next day I wasn't so sure, so I lightly colored with markers over the words, my hubby suggested lightly coloring around the flowers but I couldn't understand what he was saying, so he did it for me and I am not sure if I like the results, might have preferred to just leave them alone since I had already added the gems to give them a hint of something, but it was marker so we are stuck with it. I had already added some light chalk to the leaves in the die cut.



Silhouette -- Cut file
BasicGrey -- Lily Kate paper
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics A dies
Martha Stewart -- gems
American Crafts -- twine

Wishing you a great start to the new season,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

A lovely autumn card, my friend. Speaking of fall...Happy Fall! The leaves are changing and the days are getting cooler here in the mountains. The mornings have been in the 30's and the days are in the upper 60's or low 70's.

Hugs to you, Connie!

Daniela said...

Happy Fall, darling Connie, with a card bringing the golden shades of the leaves ... here in Italy the weather is still warm and sunny, but at night and early in the morning its quite cool, I think that during this week, as the calendar wants, Fall is truly going to arrive !

Dear love to you

Dany

Anonymous said...

Connie, I hope that the temperatures drop a bit for you so you can enjoy each autumn day. Your card is very pretty. I am just starting to work with dies and they can be tricky.

Christine said...

A very intricately cut card in lovely tonal colours for fall!
Happy fall, Connie!

Linda Walker said...

This is so pretty! I like the coloring! Yes, it took a while for it to cool down here in NH but today it was only in the 60's and it's low 40's in the morning. Tonight it was cold enough to dig out the fleece pj's and bulky socks! But I love fall, so I'll put up with the chill! Enjoy!
Linda

Leslie Miller said...

I think it is simply lovely with those pretty e-cuts. I've always love the Lily Kate paper, too. I still have a few sheets of it. It was a high of 64 here today and I worked out in the garden most of the day. Definitely feels like fall. It was so crisp and pretty today! Hope your weather cools down at least a little bit for you.

Debbie said...

very pretty...great colors for fall!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. I love how you framed the greeting with the delicate die-cut flowers. Very elegant.