Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Vintage Heart

My girlfriend likes vintage things so I went for a more vintage look in making my heart.  I first will have to say that I found Christine Kelly's Blog called Gentlework through Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration link up  and I have been following her ever since, if you love looking at beautiful hand stitch work this is the blog to check out, she does the most amazing and creative works with her stitching, her stitchings were the inspiration to stitch up this heart.




I found the fabric at a thrift store and I loved the color, I am not really sure what it is, kind of like linen. I added a few bits of lace, did a little stitching between them and added a flower.  I just drew out my own template for the heart shape.

Here is a more closeup shot.


I added the pearls to the wide lace strip, it was to bare to me.

I took a little closer shot of the flower I made, I used fabric from my daughters dress she wore as a flower girl in my brothers wedding about 20 years ago, thought it was time to get some use out of it then just hanging around in a closet.  The pin is from Industrial chic I bought it to use on cards but they are pins and charms and I thought they would work better on a project like this then a card.

I cut the flower with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die, the two smallest dies in the set two of the tulle in the larger size and one small of the satin fabric.  Those dies cut fabric perfectly.


You can see I was wearing pink the day of taking these pictures the white diamonds are picking up my reflection.

It was fun to stitch again, I have been working on a cross stitching, but this is the first of this kind of sewing I have done in awhile.

Once again I am sharing my card over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration you may want to check it out, you never know who will give you inspiration over there :)

Thanks so much for taking the time out to stop by, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you did also, Have a great week,

Connie

19 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Connie, I've been having fun catching up with you this morning. Love your stitched heart and the special details you added. The inspiration you gathered from your friend is a blessing and put with your talents, makes for the best creativity. Lovely work.
Happy Creating. cm

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, good morning, Connie, and what a delight to see a beautiful vintage heart! I love lace, and the linen is beautiful along with the pearls and the "flower" you made! So glad to hear you are doing some cross stitch again. I used to do that and recently weeded out some of my stash. So glad you ventured into doing this gorgeous vintage heart! Stunning, my friend! Hugs!

Christine said...

Absolutely adorable! I love it! It's perfectly feminine and pretty for any ladies boudoir!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Connie~ What a beautiful great you have created for your friend! I love lace, anything lace, so this pretty heart would do well in my home. :-)
Your embellishments make it all the more beautiful.

Have a wonderful day~ Debbie

Debbie Harris said...

Oops...not great, but heart. Spell check, it gets the best of me at times. :-)

Debbie said...

It's just so sweet.....made with lots of love!!!!!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh how I love this heart that you have created. It's just so pretty and you did a great job.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful! Your friend will love this. It's very vintage looking and expertly crafted. Love the flower accent, and your pink looks very pretty reflected in the pin.

Alex said...

A beautiful, personal gift to treasure ..she will be so pleased!
I love how you create in a way that's especially for the person receiving, Connie.
That shows a lot of care.
Blessings!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Connie, what a beautiful heart you created! It looks so old fashioned and very vintage with all the pretty lace and trims. You're so talented!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's beautiful! And I love hearts made with vintage lace and trims...so unique and special! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sooo pretty Connie. I love the delicate lace with the tan material... the little gem flower is the perfect embellishment.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very pretty, Connie! Love that you used the vintage dress, too! xo Karen

Debby Ray said...

This little heart is truly adorable...so delicate and oh so vintage!

Stephanie said...

Good morning, sweet friend. I am loving your sweet vintage heart - it's truly gorgeous, my friend! And you know I love embellishments {{smiles}} Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration....you have certainly inspired me. Hugs!

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

Very pretty Connie! I haven't sewn much either. I used to do a lot. Hopefully this winter. I love the heart you made. I love lace and I love vintage!

Stephanie said...

Good morning, my friend! Just popping in to let you know this lovely heart will be featured at Roses of Inspiration later today :) Hugs to you!

Debbie said...

Oooooooh I was just thrilled to see you featured at roses of inspiration!!

Sandra said...

Your Vintage Heart turned out so well. It is so pretty! I love that you found the fabric at the thrift store; and the bits of lace and hand stitching and flower make this a very special. And it is always fun to add a little bit of sparkle!