Friday, July 24, 2015

Update and card

Good Morning, Little baby Evelyn's fever broke yesterday afternoon, thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for her.  I guess the nurses had to wear yellow cover up's until they ran some tests but they came back good so they didn't have to wear them anymore, not sure what all that means.  As of late last night she was still waking up startled and would cry but they still have her on Morphine and the Tylenol. Daddy had to talk Mom into going home and getting some rests since she hadn't slept the night after surgery, they had a nurse coming in from NICU to stay with her so she went home.  It's early so there hasn't been another update.  Thanks so much again for your prayers, we all appreciate them very much.

Now onto my card for today.  I came across my little beads and thought I need to use them for a center of a flower.  That was the start to this card.  I colored the die cut flower with markers.  The Background was watercolored with distress inks, and then sprayed with glimmer mist.



Distress inks
Tattered Angels -- glimmer mist in gold
Memory Box -- Dogwood Blossoms die, colored w/markers
Beads for center of flower
Martha Stewart --Caning pattern punch around the page punch
Sequins

We were blessed with a couple of days in the 80's but the humidity and 90's are coming back starting today, so it should be a very HOT weekend they say.  Hope you all enjoy your weekend and stay cool.

Thanks so much for stopping by, so good to hear from you,

Connie

10 comments:

Christine said...

So glad baby Evelyn's fever has broken so we continue to pray for the Lords hand upon her.
I love the delicate flower as it reminds me of the wild dog roses that grow in our hedge!

Kelly-Anne said...

Dearest Connie...thank you so very much for the update on precious baby Evelyn...what a pretty name for her! I am glad to hear her dear Momma got some rest...I continue to pray for complete healing for her!

And what a lovely card...I just LOVE how you distressed the edges!
Have a blessed weekend!
Much love,
Kelly-Anne

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, praise God for the update on sweet little Evelyn! I saw your post yesterday and prayed for her, her family, and all those who cared for her. And we know that God is always with her. What a blessing her mommy was able to get some rest. I love your beautiful card, and the flower is gorgeous against the die cut and the beautiful background you've designed! It's stunning! Hugs, sweet friend, and I will continue to pray for this precious one!

Lisa said...

Hi Connie!
Wow, you've been super busy... Your creations are plentiful and beautiful, as always. So, I've been MIA, again and I'm just catching up on your blog. I'm very sorry to hear about Anna and Jip. Poor Peanut must be lonely, too. It's never easy to lose these wonderful little creatures that bless our lives. I still miss Hailey & Blue more than ever. My heart goes out to you and I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm happy to hear that precious little Evelyn's fever broke. Bless her little heart, she's a fighter!
Your card is beautiful. The background with the distress inks, glimmer mist & the white trellis, turned out great. The flower coloring is really pretty and the beaded center is just perfect.
Try to keep cool and have a very crafty weekend!
Hugs,
Lisa

Diane said...

Wow Connie what a lovely design.

Hugs Diane

Debbie said...

awwww, the dreaded yellow means isolation, been there, done that. i'm so happy she is past that and the fever, i hope things continue to improve!!

the card is beautiful...i love the ink on the edges of the card and flower, it really makes it soft and pretty!!!

handmade by amalia said...

I'm glad to hear that baby Evelyn is doing better. Now your family can rest and recover.
Amalia
xo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, such wonderful news for baby Evelyn, I pray she continues to improve. Glad her mom got to go home for awhile to get some much needed rest.
So glad the yellow cover-ups came off too.

Love your beautiful card and the special delicate details. So pretty and the added edge distress makes it look vintage and charming.
Have a great weekend. Blessings and Hugs, cm

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am so pleased to hear her fever broke. One little step at a time. :) Beautiful card Connie. That flower is so pretty. The punched background looks amazing. The beads and sequins look wonderful.

Leslie Miller said...

That's a pretty great background for a punch! Love the flower, too. So pretty the way you colored it. I've been thinking about my beads lately, too. Got lots of them just sitting in a cupboard. They do make a fabulous flower center! Evelyn's family must be so distressed. I was really glad to read how well her recovery is progressing.