Monday, July 13, 2015

Forgotten Treasures

I told my hubby I want to make cards with all my stuff I bought so long ago, inspired by the challenge we had last month with my card making group, to use something we had purchased when we first started cardmaking, I would like to do it at least once a month and thought I would name the post the same thing every time, but I couldn't think of a name.  He came up with Forgotten Treasures and I really liked that.

My first card is using a tile sticker I found at the $ store.  I didn't have many stamps back then so I had to find stickers and use clip art from my CD's.  I added stickles to his wings to give them some shine, did a little piercing too.


I haven't been to a dollar store in quite some time so I don't know if they have anything like this still but there was 3 of these images to a sheet.  I encourage you to go back and dig through your old forgotten treasures, whether it is old fabric, yarn, paint, beads, stamps or stickers and make something new with them.

Tile Cover stickers
Paper from scraps pile
Stickles -- Diamond (on wings)
Spellbinders -- Ribbons tags trio die
Die-namics -- Your just my type sentiment stamp set
Buttons found at a flea market

Thank you for sharing your sympathies for my cat we lost, it is so weird to go from 3 furbabies to just one in such a short time.  Peanut is starting to get back to her old self she was acting quite funny there for awhile, she has known them all her life since she is 15 years old now.

Hope your week is off to a great start!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

My sweet friend, your card is quite lovely with the daisy and dragonfly. And the buttons look simply perfect in the corner. You always do such a beautiful job on your cards, dear Connie.

Thinking of you...and wishing you a blessed Monday. Love and hugs!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, love your card and the precious details. It is amazing what we can find again in our stash to work with. You created a card anyone would love to be sent.
Thank you for stopping by my creative space and your kind comment. Wishing you a wonderful new week and fun creating.
Blessings, cm

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a sweet and beautiful card! I love that it's a sticker from your "stash" from way back! And I love the Stickles and the sweet buttons you've added! Truly a beautiful card with the border and lovely checked DP. Just love when a card like this one comes together like that! I am so sorry about your sweet cat you lost. It's so hard when they leave, and I know it's hard for them too. I remember when we lost a cat and our dog actually covered him with a blanket...which we discovered when we got home. They mourned his loss in their way. Hugs, sweet friend!

Debbie said...

so many beautiful details!! pretty colors and the buttons are such a nice touch!!

Alex said...


Connie, first I must say I am soooo sorry that I didn't see the previous post (until now) about your kitty, it is so hard to lose them, but I'm glad you had some quality time with her and it was peaceful. Your description of the last day brought tears to my eyes.…oh gosh.
It is surprising how quickly other pets adapt to the big gap, although they can also grieve, but it sounds like your remaining cat will be okay.
Here'S BIG (((HUUUG)))for all the sadness.

I like the dragonfly card very much! I think I'm beginning to get tempted to stock up on some bits (have none, really) and have a go at this hobby! Your ideas are inspiring.

Alex said...


Connie, first I must say I am soooo sorry that I didn't see the previous post (until now) about your kitty, it is so hard to lose them, but I'm glad you had some quality time with her and it was peaceful. Your description of the last day brought tears to my eyes.…oh gosh.
It is surprising how quickly other pets adapt to the big gap, although they can also grieve, but it sounds like your remaining cat will be okay.
Here'S BIG (((HUUUG)))for all the sadness.

I like the dragonfly card very much! I think I'm beginning to get tempted to stock up on some bits (have none, really) and have a go at this hobby! Your ideas are inspiring.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card, Connie, sounds like we need a new challenge called forgotten treasures!!! :) clever card. Really pretty.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card, Connie, sounds like we need a new challenge called forgotten treasures!!! :) clever card. Really pretty.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that is just beautiful, Connie! I have lots of nearly forgotten treasures and I'm always telling myself to get busy with them. But I'll never use it all. So bad! Poor Peanut. My heart hurts for all of you.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Connie. Love the beautiful sticker. The colors are so nice. The buttons look wonderful. I used to put buttons on my card, but gems and candy dots took their place. Oh, I am so sorry about your cats. I missed it when I read your post.