Saturday, June 27, 2015

Kissing Technique

Kissing stamps that is, the challenge in our group was to kiss at least two stamps to another stamp, It is best if you use a bold rubber stamp for the base (the flower stamp) I inked that stamp with green ink and then I used a text and music note stamps that I had inked up with brown ink and stamped them right onto the rubber stamp, then I breathed on the stamp to make sure it was moistened well and then stamped that onto my paper.  I hope that makes sense.  You can probably google it or might even be some you tube video's out there on it.

The reason I picked the text and music notes for the background is this will be going to my girl friend that is in my crafting group that gets together every week, although she is a very good crocheter she also loves to read and loves music, her favorite band is Mumford and Sons and she attends every concert that they are in that is within a days driving distance from us :)


Hero Arts -- Silhoutte Flower stamp
Glitz designs -- Distressing Backgrounds stamp set
Spellbinders -- Classic Square, Classic Scallop Square and A2 matting basics A dies
Our Daily Bread designs -- Mini tags dies
Taylored Expressions -- Many Mini's Occasions sentiment stamp set
BasicGrey -- Brad
Ribbon
Stickles -- Shabby shutters (flower centers)

We had rain again but thankfully the ditch out back filled up but didn't reach our fence.  We have more chances of rain this weekend and coming week but they say it shouldn't be that much.  We are working on reorganizing our garage this weekend just incase we get more of that kind of flooding, we are not ready for it.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I sure hope you enjoy a relaxing and hopefully creative weekend :)

Connie

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful card and such a perfect "kissing" technique!! Your sweet friend is going to LOVE this card, and what a great background for her. I heard about more rain and pray that you will get the work done in your garage. This weather is so hard on everyone, and California would so love and need the rain! Hugs!

Debbie said...

The card is beautiful, I liked the kissing technique, and those colors together!! Good luck with Mother Nature, it always seems to be one extreme or another!!

Alex said...

Ha ha,you bold girl, Connie! your title made me smile.
I had no idea this was something you can do with stamps ~ it really is effective and you have made a beautiful card. Your friend will be delighted with it!So pretty.

A quick prayer for your flooding issues...(yes, I am praying again, with all that that signifies.Praise the Lord!) It is a worry for you, one that a lot of people live with here in the UK too.

Blessings on your day.

Susan (rainy) said...

Awesome kissing!! hehe LOVE the card... absolutely gorgeous.

Scrappy quilter said...

Gorgeous. Another one I just might have to try.

Leslie Miller said...

I remember this technique! You picked a lovely stamp combo and it will be perfect for your friend. Such a pretty card, Connie! Good to hear the waters are holding back. It's good to be prepared!