Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gesso Resist Challenge

I am linking up today's post once again with Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration , stop by and check out the others inspiration for today.

Like I said yesterday I am doing a week of challenges with my on line cardmaking group and we are to use gesso as a resist, apply gesso to your stamp with either paint brush or foam brush, I used a sponge. I didn't end up having any gesso like I thought I did so I had to use Liquitex Gel medium in Glossy heavy gel.  It took all night to dry, then I added my distress inks to the different areas, it sure is a different look then I have ever done before, I may try it again if I ever actually get gesso, I am sure it would probably go on a little smoother than the gel medium did but it worked.  You take a baby wipe after your done inking over the gesso and it reveals you stamped image.



Rubber Stampede -- Lily, colored w/distress inks
Distress inks -- picked rasberry, mustard seed, peeled paint
Liquitex -- Gel medium, glossy heavy gel
DCWV -- Primrose paper
Spellbinders -- curved rectangles die
Stamps of life -- mini 4 circles sentiment stamp
Taylored Expressions -- Designer mini tags die
Queen&co. -- snowflake pearls

Hope you all are having a good week, enjoying whatever weather you are having, ours is still very cold, but I am dreaming of spring :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, Love hearing from you,

Connie

16 comments:

Huckleberry stitches said...

That is so pretty! I am going to have to get some gesso and try this! Thank you for the inspiration!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow what a really beautiful card you made! Makes me wish that spring was here!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful flower!

Stephanie said...

The colors are so fresh and pretty, Connie! And the pearls are a lovely finishing touch.

Thank you, my friend, for sharing at ROI. Hugs to you!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful effect, Connie! I like using what we have...it worked well! Hugs!

Kim Stevens said...

Such a beautiful card!!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Great technique and a stunningly beautiful project! It may have actually worked better with the gel medium than the gesso. I've never tried this with gesso though, I must experiment!

Marie-Louise said...

Connie this is superb.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm going to have to try this. It turned out wonderfully.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my, Connie, this is gorgeous. What a cool technique!!

Wilma said...

Looks great, very pretty !!
Always so fun to try something new.
Visiting from Roses of Inspiration.
Have a great day !
Wilma. Shabby Royale.

Cindy said...

Love the delicate, springy pastel colors, thank you for the inspiration! I will give this a try!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Really cute! Never thought of using gesso on a stamp. I'll have to give it a try.
hugs,
Jann

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's a very pretty result, Connie! Who would have thunk it? Love the soft color on the flower.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Connie. The colors are so pretty. Great technique. I will have to try that! I have Gesso somewhere...

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely card Connie! What kind of sponge you used to apply the gesso?