Monday, December 23, 2013

More Inspiration

I have a card today that was inspired by Monika, she has such a unique style that I love, and when I saw the card she posted HERE that is just what I needed to give me an idea for the cards that went out to all my niece and nephews that are married. I ended up making 11 of these.


I started out doing the ones on the right which I cut out with white cardstock and colored the flowers with markers, but I soon realized that it was just going to take too much time to color 22 flowers since I had two size dies I was using, so I only did two that were colored the rest were cut out of designer paper as well as the leaves, I liked the look of the colored ones and my hubby liked the cardstock ones he said he liked the deeper color.

Here is a close up of each card. First the one I colored.





  I didn't end up shaping the flowers either, just popped them up on dimensional adhesive.  Stamped the background with the snowflakes, added the sentiment, punched the designer paper with a border and I was done.

It is so nice when you just can't think of what to do and you go to someone's blog and they give you just the inspiration you needed to make your own.  If you have time check out Monika's Blog, you are sure to find some inspiration.

Memory Box -- Blooming Poinsettia dies
My mind's eye --paper
Inkdadinkado -- snowflake and sentiment stamps
Martha Stewart -- snowflake border punch

I finished the last of my Christmas cards last night, so I need to get them ready for the mail today, a couple of them are out of town so they will be late but hoping the ones closer will get to them tomorrow.

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy days to stop by,

Connie

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Connie. Love the layered poinsettias. I can see why you went with the colored card stock . I am so pleased that I was able to inspire you. Thank you for linking up my card. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Shirley said...

I couldn't pick, Connie!! Honestly I love them both! I even took a really close look. They are both winners. Stopped by to wish you and yours a very Merry and a happy healthy New Year!!

Leslie Miller said...

Amazing! These are gorgeous and perfect. I love the design!

Krystal Kats said...

ooh la la more poinsettia's love them, they are another fav of mine besides birds! good job on each and everyone of them. Hugs