Saturday, August 3, 2013

Crochet Towel Holder

A couple at our church who both have been married before are getting married today and I decided since they have a household set up already I would make them a few things, today I am sharing the towel holder I made and I put one of the towels I bought to go with it in the ring already to show you how it looks.


You can find the pattern I went by HERE .  I will have to say I couldn't get the ring to look correct with the method she suggested so I just made a chain of 20 on the tan one I made that has the towel in it and then did half double crochets tightly around, on the blue one I did 25 chains and then half doubles around to make a little bigger ring incase she prefers that.


Here is a close up of the two of them, this was my first time ever doing cross half doubles so I hope I did them right.

Just got home last night from a quick trip to Michigan to see my sister and her family and bring home my mothers sewing table and quilt rack.  Had a great time visiting, just wish that drive wasn't so long. I forgot to take any pictures.

I have a busy day today and tomorrow so I will share the other half of the present on Monday most likely.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

3 comments:

Krystal Kats said...

HI Connie I love that, I must make it, looks like a quick cute project. I love the towel with the bird, to cute! Hugs

Leslie Miller said...

This is a beautiful gift and it will be appreciated by the couple for certain. Lovely towel to go with the holder. Just love the bird.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very useful and nice... especially like the blue and white one. Blue is my fav color. :) I can only crochet flowers.