Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bird Bath

I was going for a soft watercolor look to my image but not sure if I achieved that or not.  I did direct ink to stamp.



Inkadinkado Utopiary Stamp set
Spellbinder Label 8 dies
K&co. Blue Awning paper
Martha Stewart border punch
Tag  die cut from Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine
Ribbon Brad
Ribbon has been died with Distress stain
twine from LSS


Thank you all for your well wishes for Amanda, she is doing much better with her teeth, it is easier for her to talk and the roof of her mouth is healing well.  We won't know if the graft took until next Tuesday, this waiting is crazy. She still can't eat solid food since all the work has been done along her bottom teeth their is no safe place to chew yet, hopefully she will get the green light on that next Tuesday.  She has been staying here but she misses her hubby and he is really missing her (and her cooking)  so she is going home for the rest of the week.

Saw on the news last night how much rain is needed over most of our country, praying God will bless us soon.  Another scorcher today, we are back in the 100's again.

Hope your having a good week,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I love the soft look this method gives you. Poor Amanda. How miserable. Hope she continues to heal, and I hope you get some relief from the heat.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Connie. Such pretty image and colors. The little tag is beautiful. Glad to hear Amanda is doing better!

Susan (rainy) said...

Lovely card, Connie. Good to read that Amanda is healing. Wish that those who are having so much sun could send some to my part of the country. It has been so cool here.

Krystal Kats said...

oh goodness poor Amanda how awful to have this the mouth is so sensitive. I love your new card it does look like water color to me! I was trying to see what you used for watercolor I use color pencils for mine. Have a great day Hugs

Sarah said...

I think your approach worked! It looks like watercoloring to me, so soft and pretty!