Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sweet 16

I have been following Laurie over at Just Give me Stamps for quite a few years and she requested that we make her daughter a 16th Birthday card.  Her daughter has gone through alot and she just could use some extra encouragement at this time.  If you would like to read about it you can find it here.



Laurie mentioned on the post right after the one in the link above that her daughter likes purple, well what goes good with purple then green, so that is the colors I picked to use.

I had just purchased this stamp set from Studio G and it was sitting on my desk waiting to be put away and I thought why not use it before I put it away :)

Spellbinder Classic Rectangle Lg and  Lattice Rectangle dies

I loved the little banner that came in this stamp set and decided to write in the 16 on the banner. The image was colored with markers.

Across the top I used a Martha Stewart border punch and added the sentiment with Sticopotamus Mini Brush letter stickers and hand stitched it to the card with floss

The big purple ribbon was on a gift so I decided to do a little recycling :)

K&co. paper

I managed to get more weeding done today, they are growing faster than I can get to them, and the lawn needs mowed again, we are suppose to get more rain this week so I imagine it will be needing mowing a couple times in a week here for awhile.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and I  really appreciate all the nice comments,
Connie


4 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Love that little banner.. some really fun and sweet elements, Connie. Darling card.

Cheryl said...

A lovely card! The purple ribbon is beautiful, and I love that you added the "sweet" sentiment for a 16th birthday card.

Linda Carson said...

cute, cute and more cute! She is going to love your card! I haven't mailed mine yet....yikes!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply SWEET!!!!! love the frame!!!!!
tfs:)