Thursday, December 8, 2011

ODBDSLC87

First off this is the book mark I made for the challenge over at Our Daily Bread design. You can find the challenge here.

Beate did a wonderful tutorial on how to do this book mark and you can find that here.

I made this for my husbands birthday, I made one the other day for my girlfriends birthday, can you believe I forgot to take a picture.... my husband made a comment that others that like to read could use one of those, figured he was hinting so I made this one for him.

I used ODBD Quiet Waters stamp set and colored it with colored pencils and OMS.


I used these colors of cardstock because he likes them together. Cardstock is from Paper co.
Spellbinder circle and Square dies.
Martha Stewart border punch and the designer paper was from my scrap pile.

Here is a close up of the bookmark:



Now onto his card, I used the same cardstock on the bottom piece I stamped stampin up background, another one I bought at the flea market and don't know the name of.... maybe Susan knows this one too ;)
Image stamp is from PSX, this is one of my very first stamps.

Spellbinder deckles rectangles die and Labels trio die for the sentiment which is from Hero Arts, all occasion messages stamp set. 

The bottom paper and the strips I used for the corners are from DCWV  Once upon a time mat stack.



Well my hubby caught my cold, just in time for his Birthday, sure hope he feels good enough to do some celebrating tonight.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful bookmark Connie!! I just love the deer scene and your colors!! Thanks for joining ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
blessings,
Chris

Beate said...

I am sorry your husband isn't feeling well. Happy birthday to him anyway.

Your bookmark looks gorgeous!

Hugs and smiles

Susan (rainy) said...

Happy birthday to your hubby.. hope he is feeling better soon. Great card and bookmark for him.

Leslie Miller said...

That's quite a subtle hint your husband gave you. Bet he appreciated a bit of your art on his own special bookmark. Sorry about his cold. Yuk! Hope you're feeling better, though.

Yvonne said...

I love the bookmark! I made some with this kind of pattern once--it seems so clever! I really like what you've done with the stamp and the border punch! Very nice!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love, love the bookmark!!!!!
tfs:)