Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cardinal Christmas



My sister and niece have both let me know they have recieved my cards so I can start posting. This first one is for my Dad.  I purchased this Cardinal stamp from Heartfelt Creations last year and never used it.  The diecut to cut it out is also Heartfelt creations by Spellbinder.  The idea for putting the bird in the McGill pine branches came from Kittie.  Check out her blog she does beautiful arrangements and has great tutorials on them too.

All birds colored with colored pencils and OMS.
On this first card I used My Minds Eye O Christmas tree papers
Spellbinder Lattice Rectangle and Circle dies and Grommet tags
Martha Stewart Snowflake punch with diamond Stickles
Recollections Brad
Studio G sentiment stamp
Red  and clear gems were from a piece of jewelry I bought at the flea market
Liquid pearls on the branches for touches of snow on the first card only


This card uses My Minds Eye winter papers
Adam Pescott Sentiment stamp
Spellbinder Oval & Curved Rectangles dies
Recollection button brad on tag
Tag idea is from Danielle  You will have to scroll down to the second project to see the neat way to do little tags.


This last one uses Daisy D's paper
Spellbinder Oval & Lattice dies
Paper Pizazz Tag template from HOTP
Plaid Sentiment stamp
Button from Christmas assortment bought at Hobby Lobby

I am almost done with my shopping, just a few last minute things.  Still working on gifts I am making and will share them when I get them done. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope your having a wonderful weekend!!
Connie

8 comments:

Beate said...

All three cards look wonderful!
Have a great weekend!

Kittie said...

Connie, all of you cards are gorgous. You created wonderful pine sprays for your cadinals and each card design if so special. Thanks for the link to my blog. Happy Holidays!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Connie, girl, all three are absolutely STUNNING to say the least! Amazing coloring on the cardinal and I love the way you have added the pine punch outs....gorgeous!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Linda Carson said...

Quite lovely Connie! The black frame makes the cardinal pop off the page! Love the pine detail! Kittie knows her stuff!

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful cards, Connie. Wonderful designs... love the greenery.

Shirley said...

Very beautiful and both cards are so unique too!

Debby said...

fabulous cards!

deb said...

Another beautiful cardinal.