Friday, September 23, 2011

Country style

I needed a card quick, I make cards for my hubby's co workers and he mentioned to me one evening he needed a card for that night, YIKES!  I went in and looked through some clipart images that I had already printed out and found this cute image, the girl this card is for, is a big animal lover... perfect.  It had that country feel to it, so I went right to a Leisure Art book by Karla Dornacher that I had bought at Big Lots that is full of country papers, and found the background paper to go with it.

Earlier that day I had been working on my MIL's quilt and I had this strip laying on my quilt table, so I frayed it a little, tied it into a bow, more country feel :)   Added a sentiment from MSE  stamps set onto a Martha Stewart tag.   The bottom still needed something so I thought of the Martha Stewart fence punch and added that to it also...... So that's how this card came together and my hubby tells me she really liked  it..... so nice when they come together like that.


I took the picture in the evening sunset, that's why the lighting is so weird, it's times like these it would be nice to have a light box.

Another gloomy day today, it started out sunny but now it is cloudy again.   I just hope this Sunday afternoon will be nice, our church is having a Fall Festivals with games, bouncy rides and a dunking booth, topped out with a cook out of Hot dogs over a fire, and I am heading up the food portion so I really don't want to get all the food out there and all of a sudden get hit with a down pour, they are saying 30% chance of rain, so hoping that in the next day or so that will go down or at least it will wait until everyone is done eating.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
 Have a Wonderful weekend,
Connie

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

A lovely warm cozy feel. Great for a card you needed quick too!