Monday, June 27, 2011

Storms

I was going to post my husbands fathers day card today that I realized I never took a picture of but we are having alot of rain this morning and so I don't have any good natural light to take pictures by.  Then I thought well I do have a few pictures from the storm we had the other night, so I thought I would share them.


One evening last week I looked out the window and it was all pink, really eerie feeling and so I grabbed my camera, I didn't want to go all the way out because as you can see it was lightning, I tried to capture when the whole sky had streaks but I wasn't quick enough.  That is our shed out back and beyond that is a ditch, that is where we have been having the flooding lately, we are at the bottom of a hill and the rain just runs down, which the drain behind our house just can't take it all in with these storms that have dropped so much rain all at once. The other day they said we had 5 inches all at once.


This shot was taken on our front porch, I thought that was cool how the clouds above look like cotton balls and then the group of clouds underneath it, and you can see clear skies behind.

I will be back with a card tomorrow, someone very special has a birthday  :)

Hope those with enough water can see dry skies and those that are dry will see some relief.
Connie

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Man, Connie, I hear you on the rain. Please send some of it our way and you and yours stay safe too!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh WOW what stunning sky pictures Connie!

Leslie Miller said...

That is one very impressive sky! Beautiful and forbidding at the same time. Wonderful photos!

Yvonne B. said...

Thanks for sharing these photos, Connie. I now it was pretty unsettling to have those storms, but the sky sure was beautiful at the same time!