Friday, March 25, 2011

Banner Birthday

I have been wanting to make a banner card ever since I saw popping up on others blogs, but didn't know if I wanted to invest in stamps and die cuts, then I was looking through my cricut cartridge the other day and in my Give a Hoot cartridge they had banners and triangles, and I thought nows the time to make one! This will be for my great niece who will be turning 6 next month, yep I am caught up with my birthday cards!!!


The letters are from my Don Juan cartridge, and I added a fiskar border punch to dress them up a bit, looking at it now I wish I would have did a little shading on the triangles.  I liked the way that Beate brought her banner together on her March 19th post so I did it the same way, I used all 6 stands of floss and also tied the floss through the buttons.  The buttons were originally clear so I colored them with my prismacolor markers.

The paper is K&co. and the sentiment stamp is from Stampcraft, and the brackets are from HOTP.  Spellbinder die to cut the sentiment out.

I woke up to snow this morning, it is so depressing after having had the doors and windows open just 2 days ago.  I heard we may get more tomorrow night, oh how I would love to have spring back again, looks like next wed. or thurs. we should be back in the 50's.

Hope your having a good day whatever your weather,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,
Connie

4 comments:

deb said...

Great card. I am sure your niece will love it.

Beate said...

What a fun birthday card, Connie!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just too cute! I love the way you strung the banner along the piece that was created with the boarder punch!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all the nice comments you have been leaving. I really appreciate it and hope you are enjoying my little creations.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I've thought the same thing about banner cards. I like them, but they are sort of involved and I don't have the exact stuff to make one. You did great! She'll love the card!